Single-Multi Flight Track
This track results in a multiengine commercial license but focuses on obtaining the single-engine commercial license first. This way, the student may obtain a Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) rating sooner and join the Embry-Riddle instructor team.
- FA 121 Private Single Flight (1 credit)
- FA 221 Instrument Pilot Single-Engine (1 credit)
- FA 321 Commercial Pilot Single-Engine (1 credit)
- FA 323 Commercial Pilot Multiengine Add-On (1 credit)
For detailed information on these courses, see Flight Core Courses section of the B.S. in Aeronautical Science page in the Catalog.
Fastrack Certificated Flight Instructor/Instrument Instructor (CFI/II)
This special program offered every summer allows selected students to obtain their Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) and Instrument Instructor (II) ratings in the summer of their sophomore or junior year. Each of these students is guaranteed an interview with the Embry-Riddle Flight Department, and nearly all are hired.
This program pairs Fastrack CFI/II students. As a team, they learn the best ways to teach.
- FA 417 Certificated Flight Instructor (taken after FA 321 in the Single Engine Track or FA 326 in the Multiengine Track)
Special VFR Productions
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114