No, but it must be correctable to 20/20 vision. You are permitted to fly with corrective lenses.

Yes, in order to begin flight training at ERAU you must obtain a Class I or Class II medical certificate from a designated Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). Find AME listings on the FAA's AME Locator

Yes, but you must contact the Civil Aerospace Medical Institute (CAMI) office at (405) 954-4821 and request a Signal Light Test. CAMI will set up an appointment for you to visit the nearest FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO).

When you decide to do your training at Embry-Riddle, we know that your goal is to become a Commercial Pilot. To be a Commercial Pilot, the FAA requires that you have a 1st or 2nd Class Medical. Embry-Riddle wants to ensure that you meet the requirements to be a commercial pilot before you begin any of your flight training.

Special VFR Productions

special vfr logo

Free online training videos

Contact Us

College of Aviation
1 Aerospace Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114