Required Items for Graduate International Students

Foreign Credential Evaluation

Graduate applicants who have university-level educational experience outside the United States are required to provide an official course-by-course evaluation in English and must include: U.S. degree equivalency, degree conferral (if applicable), GPA and a copy of the foreign transcript.

We accept evaluations from the following agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), International Education Evaluations (IEE), International Education Research Foundation (IERF), Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI), Josef Silny & Associates, World Education Services (WES) and Spantran. Admissions also reserves the right to accept foreign credential evaluations from current members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

Language Requirement

To be admitted into a degree program, international students who will not be graduating from an English educational system within the last two years, or for whom English is not the primary language, must submit official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, EIKEN or Cambridge scores. The preferred minimum TOEFL score for admissions is 213 (computer-based), 79 (IBT Internet-based) or 8.5 (Essentials). The preferred IELTS score is 6.0. The preferred Duolingo score is 105. The preferred EIKEN score is Pre-1. The preferred Cambridge score is 170.

Students scoring below the preferred score may be deferred for enrollment to our Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI). Admission to ERLI does not guarantee admission to an Embry-Riddle degree program. For more information about testing dates and locations, please contact:

TOEFL Services

IELTS International Services



Cambridge English Language Assessment

Copy of Passport

All international students must provide a copy of his or her valid passport for immigration purposes. The passport must be valid for at least six months of the semester to which the student is applying.

Affidavit of Financial Support

Proof of Funds: Required for student visa purposes only. International Students must have sufficient funds for their expenses during the entire period of study, including living costs, travel and vacation. International Students will have the opportunity to seek part-time jobs on campus to supplement their income. Sufficient proof of funds are required for all international students who will require an I-20 or DS-2019.

The proof of funds must be dated no more than six months before the start of the semester and addressed to Embry-Riddle. It must guarantee the availability of sufficient funds to cover tuition and fees, living expenses (room and board), books, medical insurance and personal expenses for two semesters.

International Student and Scholar Services

The Department of International Student and Scholar Services is dedicated to serving the needs of international students. New, incoming international students will find a variety of topics to help you transition to campus, including guidance in submitting your tuition deposit and securing your visa.

Go here to review the process.

Visa for International Students

Visit the International Student & Scholar Services website to learn about securing your I-20 and visa. Please note: This process can take a significant amount of time. If you are unable to secure your visa before the start term for which you have been admitted, you may request to defer your application.

Learn how to obtain a visa.