- Priority Application Deadline for Fall 2023 First-Year Students is June 1, 2023
- Required students are guaranteed housing on campus. All students under the age of 21 are required to live in university residence halls and apartments managed by the Department of Housing and Residence Life for their first two years. If you have a question about your housing requirement status, please contact our office.
- Priority Application Deadline for Fall 2023 Returning Students is January 31, 2023
- Non-required students are not guaranteed housing. Housing will be offered for non-required students as space is available. If you have a question about your housing requirement status, please contact our office.
Department Mission Statement
The Department of Housing and Residence Life at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Daytona Beach is committed to supporting students' personal and professional growth as part of their residential experience. We create positive, safe and inclusive residence hall communities that promote a culture of academic achievement.
On-Campus Housing Requirement
Living on campus is an exciting opportunity for Embry-Riddle students. Our eight residence halls and one off-campus housing complex are a great way to make positive and lasting friendships. ERAU students often characterize their time in the residence halls as the best part of their college experience. In the words of a student of Class 2016, "Without a doubt, living on campus is my favorite thing about being in college."
Embry-Riddle Housing Requirement
All students under the age of 21 are required to live in university residence halls and apartments managed by the Department of Housing and Residence Life for their first two academic years at ERAU unless they meet the following exemptions. Students who start at ERAU in the Spring semester of their first academic year will count that Spring semester as meeting year one of the two-year requirement:
- Student lives within a 50-mile driving distance of the Daytona Beach campus (student or guardian must have lived at the address for a full calendar year prior to starting classes at the University — documentation is required).
- Student is 21 years of age or older by September 1 of the required contract year.
Housing and Residence Life staff strive to support a positive living and learning environment through programs and events in the residence halls. Living on campus will keep you involved with the university and connected to new friends.
As a future student, visit Submitting Your Housing Deposit to start the process of making Embry-Riddle your home away from home.