Living Learning Programs
The mission of the Living Learning Programs is to develop an environment where students can be academically and socially successful, engage in a variety of developmental activities, and utilize additional support services within our residential communities.
Living Learning Communities and Themed Communities
Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are first year residential communities designed to connect students with academic resources for their respective major, college, or department. Special programs and events are created for each of the communities that encourage student growth and development outside of the traditional classroom setting.
Living Learning Communities available for the 2019-2020 Academic Year:
- Aeronautical Science (AS LLC): Designed to build a strong community between first year Aeronautical Science (AS) students and other faculty and staff in their department. This community provides additional support and learning opportunities focused on helping students further their AS career. Students must major in Aeronautics, Aeronautical Science or Unmanned Aircraft Systems Science.
- College of Business (COB LLC): Geared towards Business students so that they may live and learn side by side. Unique networking events, socials, and community building with the O’Malley College of Business (COB) faculty and staff greatly expand upon the residents’ in-class experiences. Students must major in Aviation Business Administration or Business Administration.
- Honors (Honors LLC): Built to enhance the Honors Program at Embry-Riddle. This LLC focuses on building a close-knit community of scholars whose intellectual gifts motivate them to continue to excel in and out of the classroom. These students form study groups in the halls, bond, and grow through Honors Series events and service projects. Student will be assigned per the Honors program.
Themed Community options are residential communities based on a specific themed group or interest.
Themed Communities available for the 2020-2021 Academic Year:
- ROTC: Students from different branches of ROTC that live together giving them the opportunity to bond and rely on each other throughout their respective ROTC program. Students will be assigned per each ROTC branch.
- Discover Embry-Riddle: This First-Generation Themed Community provides a living environment for first generation first year students. Additional support structures and programs are available to residents in this community. Students will be assigned per Discover program.
- Think SummER: Students in this community get an early start to college coursework, flight, and an introduction to campus before the rush of the fall semester. They form bonds with peers, instructors, academic advisors, and peer mentors, which enables them to be well prepared for the full academic year. Students will be assigned per Think SummER program.
How to apply for Living Learning Communities or a Themed Communities at Embry-Riddle:
- Access the housing application at dbhousing.erau.edu.
When filling out the application, you can select your preferred LLC or TC. Reminder: Honors, ROTC, Discover and Think SummER are assigned by those specific programs no selection is needed.
Submit the application and pay the housing deposit by the priority deadline of June 1, 2020.
For questions regarding the housing application, payment information, etc., please contact Housing and Residence Life (HRL) at (386) 323-8000 or email@example.com.
Select Embry-Riddle faculty members reside within the residential community and work closely with our staff to provide academic support programs through weekly tutoring sessions and academic based programs. These programs may be within the faculty-in-residences’ field of study or topics of special interests (sports, hobbies, etc).
Additional Faculty Programming
Faculty members volunteer to participate in activities outside of the classroom setting such as exam prep, tutoring, and other programs focusing on students’ future careers. HRL also offers computer labs and study areas that students can utilize.