ERAU Check-in and Move-in Dates
New Student Check-in is January 18 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.* Check-in located at ICI Center (signs and staff will be present to direct you)
Returning Student Check-in is January 18 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.* Check-in located at ICI Center (signs and staff will be present to direct you)
*Students must have a confirmed move-in date and time (Campus Groups confirmation required). Check-in times must be adhered to, if you arrive early to campus, please wait until your time for check-in. If you arrive late, please check at your appropriate area for further instructions. Students may bring up to 3 guests to help them move in. Student and guests must all complete a wellness check as part of the check in process.
Please DO NOT make travel arrangements until you are able to sign up for your time on Campus Groups. Students will be sent an email to their ERAU student email account with further updates regarding the sign up times.
If the drive-thru check in is not an option for you, please go ahead and sign up for your preferred date and time (Campus Groups required for all check-in times) and then email our office Daytona.email@example.com for instructions on your check in process.
If you require an after-hours check in, you must email your arrival date, time and reason for the late arrival to Daytona.Housing@erau.edu. You will be provided an email confirmation once your after-hours arrival is approved.
Before You Move In
- The Embry-Riddle Resident Student Association sponsors a linen and care package program for students. These linens are guaranteed to fit our beds and part of the proceeds come back to sponsor ERRSA and their leadership programs.
- OCM. ERSA also offers a care package program through OCM. For more details and to place an order, go to Gifts & Care packages on their website. ocm.com\eru
- Collegiate care package order form
- Ship products to ERAU or Daytona Beach stores
- Buy stuff once you arrive rather than traveling with it
- Be mindful when packing belongings. Try to limit the amount of items and bring only essentials to reduce clutter in your room.
- Contact roommates prior to move-in to coordinate shared items.
- Where to go
- Interactive ERAU Campus Map
- Follow signs to ICI Center for drive-thru check in
- On move-in day, parking permits are not required. Please do not park on sidewalks, in the grass or in handicapped spaces (unless you have a permit)
- What you need?
- You! You must be present to receive your room key. A parent or friend cannot be issued your keys and may not check out a key.
- Summer in Florida tends to be hot, humid, and rainy. Please bring water to stay hydrated. It is recommended that you dress comfortably and wear closed-toed shoes. Please consider bringing a dolly or hand truck to assist moving items into your new home!
- Please make sure you know your student ID number and double check your room assignment (building name and room number). Please be aware that your room assignment may change, so please check prior to arriving to campus.
- Label all boxes and items with your last name, building name, and room number – many items tend to look alike and this will help us reunite a lost item should it go missing.
- You will receive your room keys for your building after you check in with Orientation staff.
- Students and their guests must all complete the drive-thru check in process
- After check in you may proceed to your residence hall
- For your safety, we ask that students and families do not attempt to adjust bed heights. Do not attempt to troubleshoot or modify the furniture, walls, hvac, plumbing, or electrical fixtures in rooms. Please click here to submit a maintenance request if you need assistance with any of these items. Maintenance requests are processed in the order they are received.
After You Move In
- During the first part of the semester, RAs will facilitate conversations with each room about expectations for community living. Roommate agreements are a tool used to facilitate conversations about typical lifestyle preferences that will allow students to discuss how to best compromise with each other while living together.
- Roommate conflicts
- Living with others can present unique challenges and compromise will be necessary. We ask that all students attempt to work out conflicts together by speaking with one another. If needed, the students can speak with their RA and the RA will help mediate any conflict that arises. If, after speaking with the RA, the conflict is not resolved, the RA will involve their Residence Life Coordinator (a professional Masters Level Staff member) to assist.
- Typically, all rooms are filled at the beginning of the year and switching rooms is usually not an available option. Students can sign up for room change week which typically occurs the 3rd or 4th week of the semester. If a room is available, we will work with the students to find a different space.
- Your RA will coordinate a wing or floor meeting after you move in. At this meeting you will meet your neighbors and learn about important policies and procedures while living on campus.This meeting is mandatory and you should check with your RA about the date, time, and location of the meeting.
- When you move in you will have the opportunity to join your building's or area's Area Council. Area Council is a group of students that plan fun social events for the hall. This is a great opportunity to get involved right away and gain some amazing leadership skills right where you live. Each Area Council has an executive board led by a student president. Please see your RA or Residence Life Coordinator with any questions.
- Laundry is provided at no charge to students. Please bring any laundry supplies (detergent, dryer sheets) that you may need.
- We recommend playing close attention to your laundry and changing it out in a timely fashion.
- You can check if a laundry machine is available without even leaving your room. LaundryView will let you know how many washers and dryers are available in your building.
- Large laundry room in Student Village, Doolittle, Apollo and Chanute
- Laundry facilities directly on the floors of the New Residence Halls
- All residents connected to EagleNet on-campus internet services have access to ERAU cable and streaming services.
- Residents can download the SpectrumU TV live streaming mobile app to watch TV anytime and anywhere on campus using their mobile devices, tablets, laptops and TV streaming devices.
- Residents can also watch a variety of movies and television shows through ResLife Cinema at dbhrlmovies.erau.edu.