Student Health Requirements
We are closely monitoring all health and travel advisories related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please see our Coronavirus updates page for more information.
Medical Report Form
- A Medical Report Form must be completed and returned to Health Services prior to attending classes. Medical information must be submitted in order to obtain a key for on-campus housing.
- International students must submit an English translation of Medical Report Form
- The Medical Report Form and any supporting documents can be faxed to 386-226-7917 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not necessary to mail the hardcopy if you choose to scan or fax your information.
- All students are required to provide written, physician-certified evidence of two MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) immunizations given on or after their first birthday.
- The second dose administered 28 days or more after the first.
- Although Embry-Riddle has never experienced an outbreak of bacterial meningitis, many college campuses have. Meningitis can be fatal. Survivors can be subject to amputations, seizures, deafness, and strokes.
- Hepatitis B is a more insidious disease. Students can become infected and pass the virus to others before realizing they are ill.
- Students must either document the immunizations for hepatitis B and meningococcal meningitis or complete a waiver to decline.
- Embry-Riddle strongly encourages all students to be immunized for hepatitis B and meningitis. Learn more about the dangers of not being immunized: https://www.hepb.org/ and voicesofmeningitis.org.
Flight and Air Traffic Control Students
Prospective Flight and Air Traffic Control students should be aware that certain sensory impairments, medical, neurobiological, and psychological conditions, and prescription medications might delay or preclude FAA medical certification. Students should discuss these issues with an aviation medical examiner to ensure they are eligible to participate in instruction.
For more information about Health Services, visit the department’s page on ERAU Campus Groups.