Ready to unleash your creativity?
TREP Expo is your first step. Embry-Riddle’s showcase of venture concepts is open to all Embry-Riddle students, faculty, staff and alumni. It offers expert guidance to enhance your entrepreneurial skills and chances for success. Join our aspiring entrepreneurs and turn your ideas into reality at the TREP Expo!
Application Deadline: Oct. 28, 2022
Event Day: Nov. 17, 2022, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Location: Student Union
- To participate in TREP Expo '22, each applying team must submit a title, a list of team members (noting their status as student, faculty or alumni) and a brief abstract not to exceed 275 words.
- Include a valid email address (an ERAU email address is preferred) and degree program (if applicable).
- Choose your display option:
- Poster — We will print your poster and provide the easel if submitted by the deadline.
- Table — Power sources are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.
Please note: One-person teams may apply. Only one application per team member. In other words, your team member cannot also be on another team. So, pick your best venture concept. Not all applications will be selected.
Applications will be initially screened by a committee. Applications will be evaluated on three criteria:
- Commercial Viability: The likelihood the venture will be successful in the marketplace because it provides an elegant solution to a significant problem for which customers are willing to pay.
- Innovativeness: The venture proposes a novel, unique value proposition; a different and better way to solve the problem.
- General Interest: Is the venture in an interesting market space? Is it cool? Is it clever?
Accepted venture teams will be assigned into one of three groups:
- Aviation, Aerospace and Engineering
- Space Technology Repurposed
- Global Product and Services
Three distinct groups allow for teams of judges to spend adequate time with each venture team to render a valid judgment. The Judges Award for the three groups is exactly the same.
- Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- David B. O’Maley College of Business
Meet Our Partners:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Aviation
- College of Engineering
- The MixaPlex at Embry-Riddle Research Park
TREP Expo ' 21
15 judges, 30 teams presented and over 600 people participated in TREP Expo '21.
Aviation, Aerospace and Engineering Winner
- The trio from Zaragoza, Lucas Ferrando, Rocio Free Vitalle and Fernando Alonso with Improving Aviation, a firm that aims to enhance aviation sustainability.
Space Technology Repurposed Winner
- Taylor Stroup, Ryan Patterson and Nicholas Sontra, founders of MiCap Technology, a company developing "self-healing" wire insulation.
Global Products and Services Winner
- Adam Lachguar’s aquaponics company Project Gera, which aims to produce sustainable farming that can produce cheap, organic and environmentally friendly produce and fish.
People's Choice Award
- Jose Moreno's Jet Cloud with its charter jet phone app.
TREP Expo '20
12 judges, 22 teams presented and over 500 people participated in TREP Expo '22.
People’s Choice Award
Yellow Flight Winners
- First Place: NOMI
- Second Place: Aero Tail
- Third Place: Go Clean Cup
Orange Flight Winners
- First Place: Space Domain Awareness
- Second Place: FROST
- Third Place: Think You Can Cook
David O'Maley College of Business