Air Force ROTC Requirements
- Be enrolled in an accredited college that hosts or has a crosstown agreement with an Air Force ROTC detachment
- Be a United States citizen (if on scholarship or contracted as a POC — dual citizenship not allowed at that point)
- Be in good physical condition (cadets must pass the Physical Fitness Assessment — see below for more information on the PFA)
- Be of good moral character
- Attend both the Aerospace Studies class and Leadership Lab each semester
Fitness Assessment (FA)
The FA is taken every fall and spring term while a cadet is enrolled in Air Force ROTC. All cadets must pass the test each fall and spring term.
The FA is composed of three events in the following order:
- 1 1/2-mile run
All events must be completed. There is a short rest period between each event. There is a minimum score of 75 points and all minimums must be met.
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare and recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links provided are consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD Web site.
This Official U.S. Government Internet site is provided as a public service by Air Force ROTC and the IT department at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. It is intended for use by the public for viewing and retrieving information only. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and are punishable under the rules of this university, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, and other state and federal laws. Unless otherwise indicated, all information is public information and is available to copy or distribute. Use of this system constitutes consent to security testing and monitoring. The views expressed in educational research, studies, analysis, or commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of the U.S. Air Force, Department Of Defense, U.S. Government, or this educational institution.