Academically talented students applying to Embry-Riddle who meet the Honors Program's stringent SAT or ACT requirements and CGPA in high school core courses are identified first by the ERAU Admissions Office and invited to apply for admission to Honors. Applicants are then screened via such additional factors as breadth of personal interests, leadership and service qualifications, strong teacher/counselor recommendations and a personal essay. A limited number are selected each year. Exceptional continuing and transfer students may be admitted as space allows and in consultation with the Honors Program director.
Students who have received the following distinctions are especially encouraged to apply:
- National Merit Scholarship Finalists or Semifinalists
- National Achievement Finalists or Semifinalists
- Valedictorians or Salutatorians of a regionally accredited high school
- Graduates of International Baccalaureate Programs
- Students with substantial Advanced Placement Credit
To be considered for the Honors Program, students must be admitted to the university by December 1.
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114