To be a preeminent engineering college recognized internationally for excellence in education and leadership in aerospace and aviation research.
- Prepare students for successful careers as leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs in aerospace and related engineering fields.
- Advance engineering through collaborative research.
- Serve society and the engineering profession from our global perspective, teaching the value of integrity, social responsibility and a commitment to service.
The College of Engineering embraces the diversity of ideas and backgrounds in faculty, students, staff and administration. We are committed to individual and organizational efforts to maintain an inclusive and supportive environment embodying respect, dignity, fairness, empathy and equality.
- In recognition of the University’s emphasis on research, we are committed to advancing the frontier of knowledge and the incorporation of discovery into our teaching and practice.
- As part of an aeronautical university, the College of Engineering plays an important role in support of the aerospace and aviation industry. Our partnerships and research initiatives with industry provide a talented and skilled workforce and contribute to the development of new technologies.
- As a historically undergraduate institution, we value excellence in education and promote research and practice in pedagogy. We consider internships and research indispensable parts of engineering education and work with industry and government to support this paradigm.
- As members of the larger engineering community and responsible citizens of the world, we educate our students to be skilled and innovative engineers and research professionals, while developing solutions to this century’s Grand Challenges.
The administration of the College of Engineering is located on the third floor of the Lehman Engineering and Technology Center in the 300 suite.
The Dean of the College, Dr. James W. Gregory, is assisted by two Associate Deans in guiding the College to fulfill its mission and vision:
- Dr. Eduardo Divo, Senior Associate Dean of the College of Engineering
- Dr. Heidi Steinhauer, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies of the College of Engineering
Laboratory and technical supervision in the laboratory spaces of the College of Engineering are provided by:
- Mr. Michael Potash
- Mr. William Russo
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114