Questions related to academic advising and course registration
How long are the class periods? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Who is my advisor and where will I find him/her? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Can I physically meet with an advisor on campus? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Academic Advisors are located in each of the colleges:
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-Noon, 1-5 p.m.
Appointments are recommended, walk-ins are also accepted.
What classes do I register for? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
How do I register for classes in Campus Solutions? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
What is a “section”? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
How many credits do I take? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
When is the deadline to register for classes? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Where can I find all of the classes I need to take to complete my degree? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
What does HYB mean and what is the class like? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Why are there no Professors listed yet for a specific class? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Is 10 minutes enough time to travel to each class? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Questions related to transfer credits (AP/IB/dual enrollment, etc.)
What will my transfer credits count towards and how soon will I be notified about the credits? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Where can I find my transfer credits? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
How do I send my AP or IB Scores to ERAU? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
- Please contact collegeboard.org to have AP scores sent directly to ERAU. Transfer credits from another college/university will be evaluated upon receipt of an official transcript from that institution.
- IB scores must be received by ERAU from International Baccalaureate. All requests to IB must be submitted by the program coordinator of the school where the student is enrolled in the Diploma Programme (DP). For more information, please review how to request IB transcripts.
Questions about Placement Evaluations (ALEKS/Composition Online Evaluation/PSVT:R)
Why is my ALEKS/Composition Online Evaluation/PSVT:R still in my To Do List? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
I took the online Composition Evaluation (Comp Eval). When and where can I find the results? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Can I re-take the Composition Online Evaluation/ALEKS/PSTVT:R? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
- The Composition Online Evaluation cannot be reset for an additional attempt. Should a student have difficulty accessing the test or have complications, they may take the test in person in the Department of Humanities and Communication upon arriving on campus before classes begin. Please visit the ERAU Writing Program site to find more information about course placement and the ERAU Writing Program.
- After completing the first placement assessment on ALEKS and receiving a placement result, students can gain access to a second placement (if desired) by engaging in five hours of practice in interactive learning modules on the site. Students can take an assessment a third and fourth time if needed, as long as they practice at least five hours between each attempt.
- The Department of Engineering Fundamentals will consider a second attempt of the PSVT:R on a case by case basis. For situations requiring consideration for a re-set or second attempt, please contact Dr. Heidi Steinhauer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Lisa Davids may also be reached at email@example.com from August through April.
Do I still have to take the placement exams if I have transfer credits coming in? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
- For cases in which students have been awarded transfer credit for college level math and/or English Composition, they are not required to complete the ALEKS and/or Composition Online Evaluation. However, it is recommend that students take applicable placement exams and register for classes then adjust registration if needed once scores have been received and credit awarded.
- Awarded transfer credit supersedes placement exam results for those students who choose to take the placement. In the event a student completes a course for which they received transfer credit, the course attempt then replaces the transfer credit.
Questions related to payments, billing and financial aid
When is the tuition payment deadline? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
How do I pay my tuition? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Who can I speak with to talk about financial aid and scholarships? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Questions related to changing major, minor, Area of Concentration (AOC), track, etc.
How can I change my major? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
How can I add/drop a minor/AOC/Track? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Questions related to housing, meal plans and orientation
Eagle Takeoff Orientation occurs prior to the start of every semester, with several programs holding Pre-Orientation sessions prior to that date. For more information, updates, and contact information, please visit the orientation site in ERNIE. Updates and important information will also be distributed through the university email system and students are encouraged to check their email daily.
Students will receive email notifications about housing assignments as well as other important information.
Questions related to Flight
- Flight Students: this link will answer a multitude of questions from what documentation is required to submit to estimated costs. Flight students and their families are also encouraged to explore the New Flight Student Guidebook to familiarize themselves with the Aeronautical Science degree program.