Veteran Student Services Resources & Policies
Additional Campus Resources
The Counseling Center at Embry-Riddle serves all students at the Daytona Beach campus. All appointments with the licensed counselors are strictly confidential in accordance with Florida law. The mission of the Counseling Center is to maintain good mental health of every student on campus by providing:
- Educational programs, activities, and presentations
- Weekly articles in the campus newspaper, the Avion
- Free, anonymous online assessments and resources via our ERNIE site
- Referral for long-term counseling and/or specialized services as needed
- Referral for psychiatric evaluation and/or medication when necessary
To see all of the services they provide, visit their page on ERNIE.
Our mission at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Health Services is to maintain a safe and healthy campus. We understand the student’s health plays a critical role in their academic success and in achieving the ultimate goals.
Health Services is an on campus doctor’s office away from home. We are available to current enrolled students, faculty, and staff of the Daytona Campus. Our team is composed of registered nurses, a registered dietitian, a Flight Medical Support Specialist, a physician, a nurse practitioner, and a physician assistant. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-226-7917.
The Veteran Student Services Office is staffed with veteran and dependent student tutors to assist any veteran, active duty, or dependent students in many different subject areas. A tutoring schedule is typically sent out at the beginning of each semester detailing the tutoring hours, available tutors, and courses that each tutor is qualified to teach. This service is only available to VA-assisted students, but other tutoring options are available in the event that VSS tutors are not available.
The Academic Advancement (A2) Center, located on the ground floor of the College of Arts and Sciences (COAS) building, provides tutoring services to all students free of charge in a variety of subjects. Tutors at the center can provide supplemental instruction in most 100 and 200 level STEM courses offered by the school. The Writing Center is also available in the same area. Both centers accept walk-ins depending on availability, but appointments through the Writing Center can be scheduled as well.
Any complaint against the school should be routed through the VA GI Bill® Feedback System by going to https:// www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/Feedback.asp. The VA will then follow up through the appropriate channels to investigate the complaint and resolve it satisfactorily.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https:// www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Veterans Readiness and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students will be required to:
- Provide the enrolling institution with a copy of his/her VA Certification of Eligibility (COE) - A “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website; eBenefits; or a VAF 28-1905 form, for chapter 31 authorization purposes.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs — Education and Training
- VA Vets.gov
- Voc Rehab and Employment
- Faculty 4 Veterans
- Student Engagement
- Veteran Student Services Staff