Transfer Credit Evaluation
The Office of the Registrar evaluates and records transfer credit and advanced placement test credit. In general, transfer credit is awarded when the course is:
- earned at a school accredited by a Regional Accreditation Association
- grade of “C” or better
- grade of “P” if the transcript indicates that it is equal to “C” or better
- college level (not remedial) coursework
- earned in the past ten years
Credits taken outside the U.S. require a course-by-course evaluation in English by an independent credential evaluation service. To obtain an evaluation, please contact one of the following organizations:
Due to additional accreditation guidelines, courses in certain programs such as Engineering require review by the department. You may need to provide course documents such as a course outline.
The applicability of credits to specific degree programs is evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Please review the catalog for the degree requirements for the program that you plan to pursue. Transfer courses may be applied toward specific requirements, such as general education or major requirements, or serve as elective credit.
Credit by Exam
Students need to submit their Exam scores to the university before the end of the first term of enrollment. Credit is granted as indicated on the following charts:
Florida College Transfer Guides
For students attending Florida colleges, these guides provide a listing of classes most likely to transfer in to each of our major courses of study.
FAA Pilot Certificates/Ratings Credit
FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant Certificates
FAA Airframe Certificate only
- 30 credits of Airframe specific AMS coursework ( AMS 115, 116, 117, 118, 261, 262, 263, 264, 365, 366)
FAA Powerplant Certificate only
- 30 credits of Powerplant specific AMS coursework ( AMS 115, 116, 117, 118, 271, 272, 273, 274, 375, 376)
FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
- 48 credits in total
- 12 credits of General AMS coursework ( AMS 115, 116, 117, 118)
- 18 credits of Airframe specific AMS coursework ( AMS 261, 262, 263, 264, 365, 366)
- 18 credits of Powerplant specific AMS coursework ( AMS 271, 272, 273, 274, 375, 376)
Military Experience/Military Credit
Include a copy of your DD-214 (when available) and military education transcripts.
Military service school credit will be considered for credit by each curriculum division, based on the recommendation of the American Council on Education