Disability Documentation & Disclosure
Students who require consideration for protection under the law and/or accommodation on the basis of disability:
- Must schedule an appointment with the Disability Support Services (DSS) office.
- Can provide written documentation of the disability, on professional letterhead, to the office of Disability Support Services.
Documentation may include but not limited to:
- Suggestions from diagnosticians or professionals with a history of working with the student
- Services via the public schools system, appropriate documentation will often be contained in the psycho-educational evaluation and/or an IEP, a 504 plan, or a transition plan.
- Disability support documentation forwarded from another institution
Students should be aware that certain disabilities and/or their mitigating therapies might delay or preclude their participation in some of the University’s programs of study due to regulatory limitations of the Federal Aviation Administration. Students are encouraged to discuss these concerns with an Aviation Medical Examiner or directly with the FAA in Oklahoma City, OK, by phoning (405) 954-4821
Students are encouraged to document their disabilities upon matriculation, whether or not they have an immediate need for protection or services.