Diversity and Inclusion
Embry-Riddle scholars are from all over the world and represent the best and brightest minds in aviation, aerospace, and related disciplines. It is the uniqueness of individual attributes that makes Embry-Riddle such a great place to learn. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion at the Daytona Beach campus of Embry-Riddle celebrates the diversity of all students, faculty and staff and campaigns for a more inclusive environment through the many programs and services we offer.
D&I provides resources for the diverse people groups on campus including minorities, women, and other underrepresented groups. The mission of the office is to foster a diverse, inclusive campus with programs and services that challenge students’ ability to adapt to diverse, inclusive environments, engage in creative, productive and meaningful activities, and understand how their behaviors impact others.
What is The HUB?
A hub is essentially the center of an activity or network. It serves as the point of connection for a sustainable system. Similarly, The HUB at Embry-Riddle’s Daytona Beach campus serves as the place where students get connected to each other and to external experiences. Through the HUB, some of the programs hosted by D&I are:
- HUB Huddles: These small group discussion sessions are geared toward tackling the tough questions and issues related to diversity and inclusion. The informal-styled meet-ups explore self-identity, self-efficacy, social justice, and the aspects of living, learning and earning in diverse communities.
- The HUB and HUB 2 career speaker series
- The Diversity speaker series
- LEAD-ER leadership development program
- Latina Pilots Unite! New Student Group Promotes Equality
- Rising Above Sickle Cell Anemia, Student Pursues Energy Innovations
- Eagle Rebuilds Her Life, Looks to the ‘Beauty’ of Numbers
- Women in Aviation: Find Your Tribe
- Representation the Key to Expanding Diversity in Aviation, Experts Say
- More Women Will Earn Their Wings, Thanks to New Women’s Network