Turbine Engine Lab and Test Cells
This 2,500-square-foot lab provides students an opportunity to develop a solid understanding of the operation, inspection, and overhaul of a turbine (jet) engine.
The two test cells can accommodate small to medium sized aircraft engines, including piston, turboprop, turboshaft, and turbojet engines. Low thrust rocket engines can also be accommodated. Each test cell contains basic instrumentation for measuring engine parameters and fuel system.
- Precision measuring instruments
- Numerous functioning J-34 turbojet and T-53 turboshaft engines
- 24 operational J-34 and T-53 Engines
- 1 Pratt and Whitney JT-8 Low By-Pass Turbine Engine
- 1 High By-Pass CFM-56 Turbo Fan, CF-34 Turbo Fan Engine