Thermal Science Laboratory
The Thermal Science Laboratory provides Embry-Riddle researchers, faculty, and students, as well as industry collaborators, with resources and facilities supporting research in energy harvesting, storage, and applications, as well as the development of thermal management technologies for propulsion and electronics devices.
- FLIR T650SC Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
- Turbine Cascade Flow Rig with separate, low temperature coolant supply
- Mettler Toledo DSC 3
- Temperature/pressure-sensitive paint measurement system
- Internal cooling passage flow bench; up to +/- 3.5 PSI available pressure head, or 600 CFM maximum flow rate
- Steady and unsteady flow instrumentation (pressures, temperatures, velocities) with manual and automated traverse