Environmental contaminants have several detrimental effects on the environment, ecosystems as well as human health. The mission of the Sustainability and Environmental Engineering Lab (SEEL) is to better understand the concentrations, sources, as well as impacts of environmental contaminants in different compartments, with a focus on the atmospheric compartment, in order to devise strategies for their reduction and/or mitigation.
The laboratory features the latest methods in the field, bench measurements and ambient monitoring of environmental pollutants. Automated systems and data analysis techniques are used extensively inside the lab. In addition to the research conducted in the facility, the SEEL lab provides a hands-on learning space for students taking several Environmental Engineering and Sustainability courses offered by the Civil Engineering Depatment.
- M5310 Portable Total Organic Carbon analyzer (Suez)
- Total carbon analyzer, TCA-08 (Magee Scientific)
- Carbon monoxide analyzer (Ecotech)
- Nitrogen oxides analyzer (Ecotech)
- Particle-Into-Liquid-Sampler (PILS) (Brechtel Manufacturing Inc.)
- Axioscope 7 Microscope (Ziess)
- High-volume atmospheric sampler (Tisch Environmental)
- Various VOC sensors
- Vacuum Oven
- pH meter
- Digital balance
- DryCal flowmeter (Mesa Labs)
Lab Director: Marwa El-Sayed
Contact Us: To speak to someone about this lab or any of our facilities, call us at 386-226-6100 or 800-862-2416, or email email@example.com.