Radio Frequency Identification
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies have rapidly become an integral business tool, with applications that range from product inventory to personnel security and access.
The RFID lab is used primarily to support Information Systems and Transportation classes as well as ROTC and AFROTC activities that require tracking and timing functions of equipment or cadets. It also acts as to inform the public on RFID applications in business to outside entities as a service to the local community.
- Alien ALR-9900 RFID Reader
- Assorted RFID antennae and equipment (tripods) for field deployment
- Laptops and power supplies for deployment into the field – including a solar panel and rechargeable batteries
- A large assortment of RFID tags
- A 10-foot electric conveyor belt for conducting experiments on tag and antenna placement
- GPS Units – Trackimo GPS Trackers 2G