A design studio and two vehicle development bays make the High-Performance Vehicle Laboratory the hub of motorsports activity at ERAU.
In addition to housing these two student-driven competition teams, the laboratory supports graduate and undergraduate research, including several IGNITE< research grants and grants from other sources dealing with projects related to advanced materials, vehicle dynamics, engines and alternative fuels, and aerodynamics.
The lab is heavily utilized by students in the High-Performance Vehicles track of the B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, as well as other students in the degree programs offered through the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 computer workstations with access to the latest engineering design tools
- Vehicle dynamics programs OptimumG, OptimumLap
- Computer-aided design (CAD) programs: CATIA, SolidWorks
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs: ANSYS, NASTRAN
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) programs: Fluent, Star CCM+