A design studio and a vehicle manufacturing shop are home to the student ERAU Motorsports, Formula SAE. This student-led team designs, manufactures and tests an open-wheel race car that competes at the annual Formula SAE competition against university teams from all around the world.
The Formula SAE Lab is popular among B.S. in Mechanical Engineering students seeking to get involved with the university motorsports team while applying engineering concepts to real-world problems and learning hands-on skills that are relevant to the automotive industry.
- Sixteen computer workstations with access to the latest engineering design tools
- Vehicle design software: ChassisSim, Lotus SHARK
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) programs: CATIA, SOLIDWORKS
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs: ANSYS
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) programs: Fluent, Simcenter Star CCM+, Ricardo WAVE
- TIG Welding
- Angle Grinder
- Drill Press
- Band Saw
- Composite Materials Fabrication
Location: Mechanical Engineering Building
Lab Director: Dr. Gaetano Sterlacci
Contact Us: To speak to someone about this lab or any of our facilities, call us at 386-226-6100 or 800-862-2416, or email DaytonaBeach@erau.edu.