The Circuits, Sensors, and Instrumentation Laboratory (CSIL) supports circuit design, fabrication, component testing, and controlled sensor characterization.
The key capabilities provided by the CSIL include the ability to:
- Design sensor components and integrated systems capable of meeting research needs
- Fabricate precision circuit components and perform assembly in-house; clean-room assembly may be coordinated through the STL
- Enable precision measurements to characterize sensors and electronics
- Support synergistic research activities with other laboratories
- LPKF U4 for precision laser circuit structuring for high-frequency systems
- SMD Circuit Assembly supported by LPKF Protoprint (stencils and masks), Protoplace (assisted pick-and-place), and Protoflow Oven (reflow)
- Reconfigurable large systems test suite of 1,100 square feet (22 feet by 52 feet); includes 300 square feet of reconfigurable RF absorber to reduce RF echoes in tests
- This lab provides direct access to the AMS-8500 anechoic chamber
Location: MP 224
Lab Directors: Eduardo Rojas
Contact Us: To speak to someone about this lab or any of our facilities, call us at 386-226-6100 or 800-862-2416, or email ROJASE1@erau.edu.