With UV/Vis spectrophotometers, FTIR spectrometer, and gas chromatography, the Chemistry Lab is a teaching lab and prep space for student and faculty research.
Chemistry is an important foundation course to understand atomic theory, elements, compounds, mixtures, solutions, states of matter, and more. This lab provides a hands-on learning space for students taking Physical Sciences courses.
- 6 Corning hot/stir plates
- 4 Fisher Scientific digital hotplates and stirrers
- 4 A&D GF-300 digital scales
- 2 OHAUS Adventurer digital scales
- 5 Fisher Scientific spectrophotometers
- 3 Dell Optiplex 790 desktop computers
- VWR drying oven
- Quincy Lab drying oven
- 3 HP Deskjet 6940 printers
- Various glassware including beakers, graduated cylinders, burets, volumetric flasks, volumetric pipettes, flasks, etc.