Advanced Physics Laboratory
Students in the Astronomy & Astrophysics, Engineering Physics, and Space Physics programs work on experiments and projects in the Advanced Physics Lab as part of their coursework in several upper level courses.
Some students might also use the space and equipment for special topics or independent studies.
The two different rooms for this lab are setup primarily as optical dark rooms allowing experiments to be conducted under total darkness or various controlled special lighting conditions.
Experiments provide students with hands-on learning to practice solving problems, analyzing real data, and reporting on their work. Students learn to apply physical principles to real world physical systems and engineering and testing applications.
- Tel-X-Ometer X-ray System
- Laser Fiber Optics Kit
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- High Sensitivity Light Sensor
- Current Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Variable DC Power Supply
- Composite Optical Breadboard Table
- Intermediate Spectrometer
- Spectrum Tube Power Supply
- Dell Optiplex 7050 PC w/ U2417H monitor
- Pasco 850 Universal Interface