You are considered a non-traditional student if your academic career has been interrupted for a minimum of three years due to personal or financial reasons, the care of dependents, or serving time in the U.S. military.
Non-Traditional Applicants Must Submit:
- Items required of ALL applicants (application, application fee, letters of recommendation)
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
Non-traditional students must submit a resume that includes a complete history of academic and extracurricular activities, accomplishments, activities, awards, honors, employment, and other achievements.
From other colleges, if applicable
If you have military experience:
- Include an official copy of your DD-214 and military education transcripts.
- Admission Essay
While an essay is not required for admission, it may help us to assess your qualifications. You may include an essay when you submit your application package.
Essay topics may include:
- Tell us about something you have accomplished over the past year or two that is a source of pride to you. Your topic may include your academic efforts or any activity you feel is important to you: What did you accomplish? Why did you choose to do this activity/effort? How has this accomplishment/activity affected you with regard to your future goals?
- What do you want to accomplish during your years at college?
- Do you have any ideas yet about what you want to accomplish after college? Don't feel you need to have formal plans, but we would enjoy learning about your possible career goals.