Our department is home to four degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics (EP)
- Bachelor of Science in Space Physics (SP)
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Physics
Our programs prepare students to make positive scientific and technological contributions to our increasingly complex society. The undergraduate Engineering Physics program offers a unique balance of engineering and physics curriculum and is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The department research program involves undergraduates as well as graduate students and is internationally acclaimed in the fields of space physics, spacecraft instrumentation, spacecraft dynamics and control, robotics, remote sensing and atmospheric physics. The research involvement has taken the students all over the globe, from Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia for a rocket launch to McMurdo Station in Antarctica for atmospheric sounding.
Physical Sciences Activities
To ensure continuous constructive development of the program, the Physical Sciences department organizes several activities which include:
- Program discussion with EP and SP Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) to discuss the programs with students and faculty. Our IAB is made up of aerospace industry leaders, government scientists and engineers from NASA, Naval Research Labs, Oak Ridge National Lab and other organizations.
- Town Hall Meetings every semester which all students and faculty attend to discuss the programs in an open format.