Frequently Asked Questions
Complete the online application here and pay a $50 application fee. Then:
- Pay a $200 tuition deposit in ERNIE
- Visit the International Student and Scholar Services website to upload required documents to order your I-20
- Monitor your email address daily for admissions decisions and to learn about the next steps
Note: You do not need a standardized test score to apply for ERLI.
Later you will need to provide your medical form. The medical form includes your vaccination records.
After all your application materials and deposit are received and you are accepted into the program, International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will send you an I-20 to the address you provide. You need to take the I-20 and acceptance letter to a U.S. embassy or consulate to get a student visa (an F-1) which allows you to enter the United States. ISSS will express mail you the I-20 as soon as you have paid the eShipGlobal shipping charges and tuition deposit, but sometimes it can take 2 weeks or more if there are problems. So send them your application materials as early as you can. If you have a question about the application process, please call us or send us an email.
ERAU Health Services
1 Aerospace Blvd., Building 500
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
You can send a bank check made payable to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University or pay online through your ERNIE account.
ERLI recommends students make travel arrangements through your local travel agent. You can check out the information about Daytona Beach Campus here. The information below will be helpful to your travel agent in making the arrangements for your trip to Embry Riddle:
Closest Local Airports:
- Orlando International Airport: Use Groome Transportation to come to Daytona Beach from Orlando International Airport. Groome Transportation can drop you off at the Embry-Riddle Student Village Telephone: 1-(386)-257-5411
- Daytona Beach International Airport: This airport is just five minutes from Embry Riddle.
Hotels near Embry Riddle:
- Courtyard Marriott - Tel: 1-(386)-255-3388 | Fax: 1-386-255-3391
- Ramada Inn - Tel: 1-(386)-255-2422 | Fax: 1-800-352-2722
- Hampton Inn - Tel: 1-(386)-257-4030 | Fax: 1-800-593-0344
- Hilton Hotel - Tel: 1-800-321-3232
- For stays longer than a week, try Airbnb.
- For a complete list of Daytona area lodgings visit: Daytona Beach Hotels
You should probably bring some of your favorite items with you from home -- like a favorite shirt, music, snack food -- to help you adjust to a new culture. However, most of the supplies you'll need to survive in Daytona Beach are available for a fair price at local stores. If you plan to live in on-campus housing, you will need to buy your own towels, blankets, sheets, and bathroom supplies. Below you will find a list of common useful items and the best places to get them:
Supplies at local stores
Clothing: sweaters, shirts, pants, socks, hats, coats. Walmart, Target, Dollar General.
Bed & Bath: blankets, sheets, pillows,towels, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste. Walmart, Target, Dollar General.
Electronics: tv, stereo, telephone, microwave. Walmart, Target, Best Buy.
Food (markets): Publix, Walmart, Target, Winn-Dixie
Food (restaurants): Try these near ERLI
What do I do when I arrive at ERLI?
When you arrive at ERLI...
- You must check-in with International Student and Scholar Services.
- Take the placement test.
- Attend the ERLI orientation.
The ERLI placement test will put you in the correct level and skill. You will be given your placement results at the ERLI Orientation. There are four core classes that you must pass with a 70% or better each semester to progress through the program:
- Listening & Speaking: levels 2 - 5
- Reading: levels 2 - 5
- Writing: levels 2 - 5
- Grammar: levels 2 - 4
Note: You must pay tuition or set up a payment plan, and take care of all immigration requirements before you can be registered and attend the first day of class.
Each level of ERLI classes are one semester in duration. You could be placed in the same level in all skills, or you could be placed in different levels. For example, a student may place in Level 2 for Reading, Writing, and Grammar, but place in Level 3 for Listening & Speaking.
Once you have completed level 5 of each skill you will have completed the language proficiency requirement for Embry-Riddle and will not need to take any TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo tests for admission to the university.
How do Students get from ERLI to Academics?
There are two ways for students exit ERLI and transition to an ERAU academic program. Students must:
- Successfully complete all of ERLI's highest level courses, including their current ELB course with a "C" or better, OR
- Attain a minimum score of 6.0 IELTS, 79 TOEFL iBT, or 105 Duolingo, and complete their current ERLI semester with an ERLI GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Students should also confirm with International Admissions that they have met all other admission criteria.
Note: If you are on a full-time student visa and achieve the required score on an English proficiency test during any ERLI term, you cannot stop attending classes. Immigration rules require you to continue to be a full-time student.
If a student's GPA falls below 2.0, they will be placed on warning for the subsequent semester. If they fail to earn a minimum 2.0 GPA during their warning semester, they then will be put on probation. If they do not earn a minimum GPA during the probationary semester, they will be dismissed from ERLI.
- For example, a student earns a 1.0 GPA during their first semester, so they are placed on warning for the subsequent semester. Then they earn a 1.5 GPA for their second semester, so they are placed on probation. For their third semester if they earn a GPA below 2.0 they will be dismissed from ERLI.
In addition, once they have been a probationary student, they must continue to maintain a GPA above 2.0 in each subsequent semester in order to remain in ERLI.