Embry-Riddle is excited to host a virtual EducationUSA Academy in Summer 2022!
Embry-Riddle looks forward to hosting an in-person EducationUSA Academy as soon as it is safe to do so. We will post updates about possible in-person programs on this website. Please check here again or contact ERLI@erau.edu.
EducationUSA Academy Connects at Embry-Riddle provides academic English instruction, general aviation English, and information about the university system in the United States to international students. Academy Connects students will:
- attend virtual workshops in Academic English Skills and aviation topics such as general aviation, radio telephony, and human factors.
- practice skills learned in virtual workshops with fellow Academy Connects students and teachers.
- talk with admission counselors at a variety of U.S. colleges and universities.
- learn important information about studying in the United States.
- write a college admissions essay and receive feedback from ERAU staff.
Why choose Embry-Riddle?
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the world's #1 university for aviation and aerospace. It is also the #1 school in the U.S providing online bachelor's degree programs. Our EducationUSA Academy Connects program offers a virtual opportunity for international students to learn aviation-related topics while improving their English. We also visit a variety of public and private universities in the United States to help students understand the options available to them and what is needed to apply for admission successfully.
|When||July 12 - August 4, 2022|
|Time Commitment||5 hours per week for 4 weeks|
|Where||Online, synchronous classes via Zoom|
- Be a current high school students between 15-18 years of age
- Reside outside of the United States
- Have at least an intermediate English language proficiency (e.g. B1 on the CEFR scale or higher)
- Computer, laptop or tablet with webcam
- Microphone and speakers or headset with a microphone built-in
- Latest version of Chrome
- Latest version of Zoom
Students are expected to attend online classes 3 days per week:
- Tuesdays, 12:00 UTC - 14:00 UTC (2 hours)
- Wednesdays, 12:00 UTC - 13:30 UTC (1.5 hours)
- Thursdays, 12:00 UTC - 13:30 UTC (1.5 hours)
Students are also expected to complete some independent assignments outside of the classroom. Independent work may take 1 hour per week.
Optional, fun, team-building activities will also be offered. These activities will occur on Wednesdays, 13:30 UTC - 14:30 UTC.
What time will class start in your city? Use a time zone converter to convert 12:00 UTC to your local time zone.
How to complete the program successfully
To complete the program and earn a certificate, students must:
- attend all required class meetings,
- participate in class each day, and
- complete all of their class assignments and independent work.