EducationUSA Academy @ Embry-Riddle
For questions about 2021 on-campus programs, please contact us at ERLI@erau.edu . We will update this page when a final decision about summer 2021 on-campus Academy programs has been made.
EducationUSA Academy at Embry-Riddle is designed to give international high school students the skills to succeed in an American university.
Academy students will:
- Take academic English classes in reading and writing
- Write their university entrance essay
- Learn test-taking strategies (useful for TOEFL/IELTS & SAT)
- Practice academic vocabulary, learn university policies, college life, and American culture
- Tour a variety of universities in Florida, visit Kennedy Space Center (NASA), and Universal Studios in Orlando.
Are you interested in Engineering, Aerospace, Aviation, or Business?
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the world's #1 university for aviation and aerospace. This program allows participants to learn through hands-on activities and field trips about careers in Engineering, Safety, Meteorology, Aviation Maintenance, Space Technology, Aviation Management, and Flight.
When:To Be Announced
Where: To Be Announced
Cost: To Be Announced
- Current high school students between 15-17 years of age.
- Students must reside outside of the United States.
Details and schedule
- Housing/Campus info: Academy students live in university dorms and eat at Embry-Riddle’s dining hall. At the time of their arrival, students will receive a university ID card that will give them access to all of the university’s amenities, such as the gym and the library. There is also an interfaith chapel on campus, which caters to diverse faiths.
- Curricula: 20 hours a week. Course content will focus on STEM, Aviation, and Business topics with an emphasis on academic skills and college readiness.
- University and Cultural Visits: These are trips to some of the most important universities and cultural destinations in Florida
- College Skills learned: Grading systems, college credits, academic culture and vocabulary, academic integrity policies, types of higher education institutions, TOEFL/IELTS info, applications, essay/statement writing, standardized testing.
For more details, please visit the EducationUSA Academy website.