EducationUSA Academy Connects @ Embry-Riddle
Embry-Riddle is proud to host EducationUSA Academy Connects in Summer 2021! Information about our virtual program is listed below and the application is now open.
EducationUSA Academy Connects at Embry-Riddle provides academic English instruction, general aviation English, and information about the university system in the United States to international students. Academy Connects students will
- attend workshops in Academic English Skills and aviation topics such as general aviation, radio telephony, and human factors
- practice skills learned in workshops with fellow Academy Connects students and teachers
- talk with admission counselors and student tour guides at a variety of colleges and universities in the U.S.
- write an college admissions essay and receive feedback from ERAU staff
Why choose Embry-Riddle?
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the world's #1 university for aviation and aerospace. It is also the #1 school in the U.S providing online bachelor's degree programs. Our EducationUSA Academy Connects program offers a virtual opportunity for international students to learn aviation-related topics while improving their English. We also visit a variety of public and private universities in the U.S. to help students understand the options available to them and what is needed to apply for admission successfully.
|When||June 7 - July 1, 2021|
|Where||Online, synchronous classes via Zoom|
- Current high school students between 15-18 years of age
- Students must reside outside of the United States
- English proficiency of intermediate to advanced (e.g. B1 on the CEFR scale or higher)
- Computer, laptop or tablet with webcam
- Microphone and speakers or headset with a microphone built-in
- Latest version of Chrome
- Latest version of Zoom
Students will meet in class with their teachers 3 days a week for 1 hour each day. Exact meeting days and times are to be determined. A sample schedule will be posted here soon.
Student are also expected to complete some independent assignments outside of the classroom. Independent work may take 1 hour per week.
Optional, fun, team-building activities will also be offered. These activities will last 1 hour each.