Frequently Asked Questions regarding Fall 2020 enrollment for newly admitted international students and continuing international students can be found here

Required Items for Graduate International Students

Foreign Credential Evaluation

Graduate applicants who have university-level educational experience outside the United States are required to provide an official course-by-course evaluation in English, including the cumulative grade-point average. The evaluation must be certified by World Education Service (WES), a Foreign Credential Evaluation Services (FCE) approved by Embry-Riddle. Please choose the WES ICAP evaluationWe also accept evaluations from the following foreign credential evaluation services: ACEI, ECE, IERF, Josef Silny & Associates, and SpanTran.

Language Requirement

To be admitted into a degree program, international students who will not be graduating from an English educational system within the last two years, or for whom English is not the primary language, must submit official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or Cambridge scores. The preferred minimum TOEFL score for admissions is 213 (computer based), 550 (paper based), or 79 (IBT-Internet based). The preferred minimum IELTS score for admission is 6.0. The preferred minimum Duolingo score is 105. The preferred minimum Cambridge score is 170. Students scoring below the preferred score may be deferred for enrollment to our Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI). Admission to ERLI does not guarantee admission to an Embry-Riddle degree program. Admissions also encourages all applicants for whom English is not the primary language spoken at home to consider taking the SAT I to supplement their language proficiency exam scores. This additional information will aid the University in accurately assessing verbal skills. For more information about testing dates and locations contact:


5900 Penn Ave., Second Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA

TOEFL Services

Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
1-609-771-7100 (worldwide)

IELTS International Services

825 Colorado Boulevard, Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90041 USA
Telephone: 323-255-2771

Cambridge English Language Assessment

1 Hills Road
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1223 553997

Copy of Passport

All international students must provide a copy of his or her valid passport for immigration purposes. The passport must be valid for at least six months of the semester to which the student is applying.

Affidavit of Financial Support

Proof of Funds: required for student visa purposes ONLY International Students must have sufficient funds for their expenses during the entire period of study, including living costs, travel, and vacation. International Students will have the opportunity to seek part-time jobs on campus to supplement their income. Sufficient proof of funds are required for all international students who will require an I-20 or DS-2019.

The proof of funds must be dated no more than six months before the start of the semester and addressed to Embry-Riddle. It must guarantee the availability of sufficient funds to cover tuition and fees, living expenses (room and board), books, medical insurance, and personal expenses for two semesters.

International Student and Scholar Services 

The Department of International Student and Scholar Services is dedicated to serving the needs of international students. New, incoming international students will find a variety of topics to help you transition to campus, including guidance in submitting your tuition deposit and securing your visa. 

Go here to review the process. 

Visa for International Students

Learn how to obtain a visa.