Aircraft and Airspace FAQ
Yes, all Embry-Riddle Cessna 172 and Diamond DA42 airplanes are equipped with Garmin G-1000 glass cockpits.
- FA 121 (Private Pilot Course): Cessna 172S NAV III
- FA 221 (Single-Engine - Instrument Course): Cessna 172S NAV III
- FA 222 (Multi-Engine - Instrument Course): Diamond DA42-VI
- FA 321 (Single-Engine - Commercial Course): Cessna 172S NAV III
- FA 322/323 (Multi-Engine – Commercial Course): Diamond DA42-VI
- FA 417/460 (Certificated Flight Instructor Courses): Cessna 172S NAV III, Diamond DA42-VI
ADS-B stands for Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast.
It is special electronic equipment installed in all Embry-Riddle aircraft. The primary purpose of ADS-B is as a safety tool to provide flight monitoring in non-radar environments. ADS-B helps pilots detect other aircraft in their vicinity and also transmits weather information.
At our Daytona Beach (FL) Campus, we fly Cessna 172S NAV III, and Diamond DA42-VI.