EducationUSA Academy @ Embry-Riddle 2018
EducationUSA Academy at Embry-Riddle is designed to give international high school students the skills to succeed in an American university. Academy students take classes on broad topics of STEM, Aviation, and Business, as well as workshops that will help them to write their university entrance essay, test-taking strategies (useful for TOEFL/IELTS & SAT), academic vocabulary, American culture, university policies, and college life.
When: June 10- June 30, 2018
Where: Daytona Beach, Florida. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the world's #1 university for aviation and aerospace.
Costs: $4,925 which includes tuition, books, trips to universities and attractions, housing, food and insurance. Fee does not include airfare and visa expenses.
Program Flyers: English
- Students must be non-native English speakers, current high school students between 15-17 years of age, non-U.S. citizens, and reside outside of the United States.
Applications are now open!
Details and schedule:
- Housing/Campus info: Academy students live in university dorms and eat at Embry-Riddle’s dining hall. At the time of their arrival, students will receive a university ID card that will give them access to all of the university’s amenities, such as the gym and the library. There is also an interfaith chapel on campus, which caters to diverse faiths.
- Curricula: 20 hours a week. Course content will focus on STEM, Aviation, and Business topics with an emphasis on academic skills and college readiness.
- University and Cultural Visits: These are trips to some of the most important universities and cultural destinations in Florida
- College Skills learned: Grading systems, college credits, academic culture and vocabulary, academic integrity policies, types of higher education institutions, TOEFL/IELTS info, applications, essay/statement writing, standardized testing.
- Other Information: ERAU’s First Year Program advisors will meet with each student to discuss his/her opportunities for university studies as well as conduct a university application workshop.
For more details, please visit the EducationUSA Academy website.