Students will tour some of Florida's most prestigious universities to learn about their history, academic programs, and culture.
- Rollins College: https://www.rollins.edu/ Rollins College is a beautiful liberal arts institution founded in 1885 and located in Winter Park, Florida a few minutes from downtown Orlando. Rollins College is ranked #2 for 2018 Best Regional Universities South.
- Flagler College: https://www.flagler.edu/ This city is located in historic St. Augustine, which was founded in 1565 and was the former capital of Spanish Florida. The centerpiece of the college is the historic Ponce de Leon hotel, which was founded as a luxury hotel in 1888.
- University of Central Florida (UCF): https://www.ucf.edu/ UCF is a research university located in Orlando, Florida. It is one of the largest universities in the U.S. and it offers over 200 academic programs.
- University of North Florida (UNF): https://www.unf.edu/ UNF is a public, medium-sized university located in Jacksonville, Florida. The campus has a nature preserve, beautiful lakes, and nature trails. UNF offers over 50 undergraduate degrees
- Daytona State College: https://www.daytonastate.edu/ Daytona State College is located in Daytona Beach, FL, and it mostly offers associate degrees. Students can start their academic degree at Daytona State College and if they follow the appropriate curriculum, they are guaranteed admission as a junior to any Florida public university.
Saturday Field Trips
- Kennedy Space Center – For students interested in NASA, this location has been the launch center for multiple space programs and has a visitor complex open to the public.
- Universal Studios Theme Park –This theme park allows students to have fun while experiencing aspects of American movie culture.
- Saint Augustine – Oldest city in the U.S. Allows students to see a piece of the history of America.
- Disney Springs – A large outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida, near Orlando.
Sunday Local Field Trips
- Daytona Beach – Affords students a chance to witness the leisure culture of Americans and to see the history of beachfront driving Daytona Beach is known for.
- Daytona International Speedway – This aspect of sporting culture will allow students to tour the epicenter of the highly popular and exciting sport of car racing.
- Ponce Lighthouse – This is the largest lighthouse in Florida and one of the tallest in the country and has a museum open to visitors.
Afternoon/Evening activities with K-12 Education Outreach participants
- Soccer – Sports culture/team building.
- Volleyball - Sports culture/team building.
- Game nights - Game culture/team building.
- Movie night.
All the activities and trips listed above are subject to change.
Se habla Español
If you need assistance outside office hours, please call Campus Safety at 386-226-6480.