What is the TREP Expo?
Trep Expo Instructions
The Trep Expo is open to all ERAU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. To participate, each applying team must submit a title, a list of team members (noting their status as student, faculty or alumni) and a brief abstract not to exceed 275 words. Include a valid email address (an ERAU email address is preferred) and degree program (if applicable). Choose your display option:
- Poster. We provide the easel, not the poster material or
- A table. We do not provide a power source.
One person teams may apply. Only one application per team member. In other words, your team member cannot also be on another team. So pick your best venture concept. Not all applications will be selected.
Applications will be initially screened by a committee. Applications will be evaluated on three criteria:
- Commercial Viability – the likelihood the venture will be successful in the marketplace because it provides an elegant solution to a significant problem for which customers willing to pay.
- Innovativeness – the venture proposes a novel, unique value proposition; a different and better way to solve the problem.
- General Interest – is the venture in an interesting market space? Is it cool? Is it clever?
Accepted venture teams will be assigned into one of two flight groups: Orange or Yellow. Two flights groups allow for teams of judges to spend adequate time with each venture team to render a valid judgment. The Judges Award for the two flight groups is exactly the same.
Upon confirmation that your venture concept has been selected for presentation, a document that offers suggestions on creating your poster or display and preparing a brief presentation will be sent to you via email.
A number of workshops will be presented during the Fall 2018 semester to help you prepare for Trep Expo. Look for announcements regarding the workshops to come from the Collegiate Entrepreneur’s Organization (CEO), and the Center for Entrepreneurship.
The exposition space opens to venture teams at 8 a.m. on November 21, 2019. You may begin setup at that time. You may use a laptop or display a prototype or product on a table. A poster format involves the use of visual aids mounted on a 4’ X 3’ poster board. A choice of easel (for posters) or table must be selected as part of the application. Participants are responsible for their own power supply (bring extra batteries).
The exposition displays will open to the public beginning at 9 a.m. on November 21, 2019. Invited guests (judges) representing successful entrepreneurs and members of the venture investment community will be invited to attend the poster session. They will walk through the displays, listening to the pitches of the participants, asking questions and providing feedback. The poster session will end at 11:30 a.m. Venture teams are responsible for breaking down their displays and carrying their materials out of the exposition area.
Certificates will be awarded to all venture teams selected for presentation. Each selected venture requires at least one member of the team to be present from 9 a.m. to Noon.
Judges will go into deliberation at Noon. Venture teams are invited to attend a panel discussion with these investors from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. The judges will provide advice and guidance to the participants. The Judges Award and People’s Choice Award winners will be announced.
$1,500 Judges Award (per Flight)
$500 People’s Choice Award
Additional in-kind services
The event will conclude at approximately 2 p.m. with big checks, big smiles and photographs.
- HappE Hour: Feb. 28
- Test Flight Boot Camp: Jan. 24, Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14
- Idea Collider: Feb. 21
- Launch Your Venture: April 3
UpStart Hangar Hours
Monday: 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1 p.m.- 3 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1 p.m.- 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.- 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.- 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- The John Mica Engineering and Aerospace Innovation Center
- CEO - The Club for Entrepreneurs at ERAU
- 1 Million Cups Daytona Beach
- ERAU Alumni Entrepreneurs
- Boeing Horizon X joins the MicaPlex as a Nexus Partner
- Read the most recent Center newsletter
- Want to stay on top of our latest news and events? Sign up for our newsletter!