Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach FL 32114
The civil engineering department is designed to bring space-age technology to the forefront of engineering education. The program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, so graduates are nationally recognized to have met the standards for almost all engineering programs in the nation. However, ERAU civil engineering graduates have the confidence and insight needed to immediately make an impact in the field.
The program accomplishes this through small, project-oriented classroom study combined with readily available access to the facilities and talents of the University’s other internationally recognized engineering programs. Taking classical civil engineering design problems and applying a high-technology approach to the solution, and then constructing that design solution in a team-work atmosphere, produces a graduate with an unusual talent for seeing the entire scope of the business of engineering.
Upon graduation, students successfully completing the civil engineering program at Embry-Riddle:
- Are prepared for the challenges of contemporary civil engineering practice and have the ability to adapt to changes in the civil engineering profession.
- Will have developed problem-solving skills, have acquired team-building abilities, and have demonstrated leadership talent.
- Are capable of participating in interdisciplinary projects, of applying their knowledge of engineering theory to actual problems, and have the skills to perform technical research.
- Will have experienced the facilities, equipment, and academic environment necessary to encourage learning.
- Will have developed a love of learning and a quest for understanding that will last throughout their professional careers.
The civil engineering department regularly monitors its success in accomplishing these goals and, with the recommendation of faculty, students, alumni, and industry representatives, constantly makes changes to the program to ensure that the ERAU graduate is of the highest quality and ready to handle any challenge that may await them.