Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach FL 32114
Ph.D. in Aviation
The mission of the Ph.D. in Aviation program is to produce outstanding scholars for careers in research and teaching in the aviation field.
The Ph.D. in Aviation allows students to pursue interests in aviation in a diverse, intellectually versatile and multidisciplinary environment, and to affect a global impact on the aviation industry and discipline. It is the only Ph.D. in Aviation and may be completed in as few as three years.
The curriculum is designed to give working professionals and aviation enthusiasts an innovative way to achieve their personal, educational and professional goals. Our program is flexible and provides meaningful educational and scholarly preparation for the aviation field.
Courses are offered online for greater accessibility with practical schedules for the working professional. You may take courses from anywhere in the world.
Three six-day residencies are required. Residencies are offered each August on a campus site.
Enrollments in the Ph.D. in Aviation program is highly selective.
The Ph.D. in Aviation program is designed to enable students to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop mastery of the central theories and concepts in the field of aviation, including foundations, safety management, economics and regulatory procedures
- Pose and solve theory-based and research-based problems designed to advance applications in the field of aviation
- Extend the aviation body of knowledge by conceiving, planning, producing and communicating original research.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in instructional processes
- Demonstrate leadership, collaboration and communication necessary for scholarly work in aviation
Visit the Ph.D. in Aviation website for more information.