The purpose of the Aviation Maintenance Science degrees is to prepare graduates for leadership roles in aviation and aerospace in the areas of manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul.
The philosophy of the Aviation Maintenance Science degrees is that ethical and responsible behavior- within a culture of safety and professionalism- is imperative for the success of its graduates.
The goal of the Aviation Maintenance Science degrees is to prepare students for immediate productivity and career growth while providing broad-based education with emphasis on technical and analytical skills.
The intent of these degrees is to accomplish the mission by:
- serving the student body, the department, the college and the external community in support of the University’s overall mission
- using top-quality faculty and instructional staff to educate students
- developing skills in mathematics, physics, communications and technology
- including FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant certification
- providing innovative directions in aviation education
- infusing state-of-the-art simulation into the curriculum
- employing advanced technology, equipment and facilities
- collaborating with industry leaders and aviation experts worldwide