2012-2013 Student Insurance Plan Highlights and Waiver Instructions
All registered students must have health insurance (this does not include Worldwide Campus students). Enrollment is automatic; your student account will be charged the insurance fee. Upon enrollment, all insurance information (your insurance card) will be sent to your campus mailbox. For those who do not have a campus mailbox, your insurance information will be sent to Health Services, where you can pick up the information.
If you already have insurance, you may waive out of the student plan. Dates may vary by semester. Please see the waiver availability dates below.
The Student Insurance Plan Offers You:
- Summer A coverage: May 7, 2013 through August 15, 2013 (waiver begins 4/4/2013 - 5/16/2013)
- Summer B coverage: June 25, 2013 through August 15, 2013 (waiver begins 5/23/2013-7/5/2013)
- Fall 2013 coverage: August 16, 2013 through August 15, 2014 (waiver begins 7/8/2013-9/3/2013)
- Access to United Healthcare’s nationwide network of health care professionals, including primary care and specialist doctors
- Travel Assistance Services and Worldwide Medical coverage while traveling abroad
To View the Entire United Healthcare Student Resources Health Insurance Plan for Your Child:
- Go to www.uhcsr.com
- Select “Find My School’s Plan” on the right
- Type in Embry-Riddle in the box for School/Association Name
- Click on Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach
- Scroll down to the Policy Information you are looking for
United Healthcare Student Resources Goes Paperless!
You can now do many things online, such as print out your own insurance card, change your mailing address, search for a network provider in your area and check the status of your claims by setting up your own online account. It’s quick and easy!
- First, log into http://www.uhcsr.com
- Go to “Find My School’s Plan” on the right
- Enter the school name: Embry-Riddle
- Click on Embry-Riddle, Daytona Beach
- Go to the left of the page to “Create an Account”
- Here you will enter your first and last name, date of birth, and ERAU e-mail address (don’t worry that you don’t have your SR ID# - you don’t need it)
- The next step is to create a password and you’re in! It’s that simple.
If you do encounter difficulty, you can call Customer Service at 1-800-767-0700 (7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., CST, Monday through Friday).
All International students and Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI) students — by law and University requirements — must have health insurance as a condition of enrollment. This must be a United States-based insurance with major medical coverage, and meet residency requirements as established by the U.S. State Department. If you have insurance and wish to be exempt from the University group policy, the deadline for providing proof of alternative insurance is the end of the second week of class.
To be exempt from the University group policy, please bring your policy provisions — stipulating the amount of coverage for illness and injury — to the office of Judy Assad, who is located in the College of Business, Suite 115. You may also e-mail your policy prior to your arriving at Embry-Riddle. Your information will be forwarded to the Health Insurance Coordinator, who will waive you out of the school insurance, and your account will be credited. If you do not provide proof of your alternative coverage by the second week of class, you will be responsible to pay for the University insurance policy.
- All registered domestic students taking credit hours are required to purchase the basic benefits of this insurance plan.
- All International students who are in traditional academic programs are required to purchase the basic benefits of this insurance plan.
- Eligible students who enroll may also insure their dependents. Eligible dependents are considered the student's spouse or domestic partner and their children (under 25 years of age) who are not self-supporting and live with the insured, or who are a full-or-part-time students. Under certain circumstances, the named insured may also cover a dependent child to the end of the year in which the dependent reaches the age of 30.
When to Waive out of This Plan
Summer B waiver dates begin May 23, 2013 through July 5, 2013
Fall 2013 waiver dates begin July 8 through September 3, 2013
International students and ERLI students cannot complete this online waiver. Please see above under "Who is Eligible" for instructions.
How to Waive out of This Plan
1) Please go to your ERNIE account.
2) Click on the "Campus Solutions" icon.
3) Click on "Main Menu"
4) Click on "Self Service"
5) Click on "Student Center"
6) Click on "Complete Health Insurance Data" and complete your insurance waiver online.
- If you have trouble logging into ERNIE with your PIN, you will need to reset it to continue. If the problem persists, please contact I.T. Support at 386-226-6990.
- If you are using TRICARE insurance, you will need to input your social security number (SSN) in place of account number. Contact your TRICARE insurance representative if you need additional assistance with questions regarding your plan.
- International/ERLI students will have to see Judy Assad in the College of Business, Suite 115 to waive out of the insurance plan.
Waivers are only available during the posted dates. Download the complete plan highlights for further insurance information. Failure to waive the insurance by the semester deadline will result in the non-refundable insurance fee remaining on your student account. Embry-Riddle is not responsible for insurance waivers that are submitted after the deadline. If you need additional information or are having trouble waiving out, please contact the Health Services office at 386-226-7917 or our Insurance Coordinator at 386-226-6036.
An Overview of Your Plan Benefits
Global Emergency Services
Enrollment with United Healthcare Student Resources includes a unique global emergency services from Scholastic Emergency Services (SES). This program immediately connects you to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other services, if you experience a medical emergency while traveling 100 miles or more from your permanent residence, campus location or in another country.
Download Plan Highlights
- Please download the complete plan highlights to review coverage, exclusions and limitations.
The preferred provider for this plan is United Healthcare Options PPO. If care is received from a preferred provider, any covered medical expenses will be paid at the Preferred Provider level of benefits. If the covered medical expense is incurred due to a medical emergency, benefits will be paid at the preferred provider level of benefits. In all other situations, reduced or lower benefits will be provided when an out-of-network provider is used.
Need More Information?
Please contact your Student Health Center:
- Daytona Beach Health Services: 386-226-7917
- Daytona Domestic Student Information - Terri Rinko at 386-226-6036
- International/ERLI Student Information - Judy Assad at 386-226-6579
- Prescott Student Health Center: 928-777-6653
- United Healthcare Student Resources Customer Service: 800-767-0700 or 800-237-0903 extension 6240