Screenings and Resources
Free Online Screenings
Self-screen for symptoms consistent with Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder, Anxiety, PTSD and Eating Disorders, as well as Alcohol Abuse. Anonymous mental health screenings are available through the Online Self-Assessment Program.
The MTV-sponsored website Half of Us includes self assessments for Anxiety, Depression and Bipolar Disorder, as well as simple self-help techniques you can use to improve your mood.
You can hear stories of musicians and people you know who have experienced depression and how they overcame their challenges.
Self Help Resources
The pursuit of self-knowledge and development can help students improve learning ability and creativity, decrease stress and anxiety and create greater self-awareness. The resources provided below will help achieve these goals, as well as help students further realize and develop their inner potential, improving their overall health, feelings and positive behavior.
- Sexting? Over texting? Cyber-stalking? Are you crossing the line?
- The MTV-sponsored website A Thin Line explores misuse of technology via quizzes, videos and true life stories. Protect yourself.
- Are you often overwhelmed? Do you find it difficult to calm yourself? Have you lost relationships because you reacted so strongly that it scared someone off? Instant Mindfulness will help you discover techniques to gain control of your emotions.
- ROTC Students and Veterans
- Are you just back from Iraq or Afghanistan? Real Warriors will help with your transition to and adjust to the challenges of college. This website also suggests good skill-building techniques for people who may be deployed or commissioned soon to become 'battle-ready.'
- Relationship Concerns?
- Are you in a relationship and trying to figure out just how compatible you are with your partner? Take a relationship quiz here. This site also has good suggestions for strengthening your relationship.
- Personality & Temperament
- Have you ever wondered about your temperament and how it impacts your career, relationships and personal decisions? Keirsey evaluates you on four dimensions, including extroversion versus introversion.
- Great Sex, Good Health
- Become informed. Learn about your body and your partner’s body. Discover ways to increase pleasure and maintain sexual health.
- Online resource center for college student mental health and emotional well being. Learn more about mental health, take a mental health screening, ask questions, find answer and seek help for yourself or someone you care about.
- Virtual Pamphlet Collection
- Online pamphlets with information relevant for students, faculty and staff. Each topic collects information from different counseling centers across the country.
- Enneagram Personality Test
- Take your free personality test! Don Riso and Russ Hudson of The Enneagram Institute (RHETI) have produced several Enneagram-based personality tests for personal, group and business use. The test reveals various aspects of your personality and will help you discover more about yourself. This test will immediately give a set of results for your further self-exploration for personal growth, relationships and workplace applications. The RHETI Sampler is only 36 questions and will take about ten minutes to complete.
The Counseling Center offers printed materials (books, brochures, handouts) on a wide range of subjects. Books are available for a two-week checkout; brochures and handouts are available while supplies last. Subjects available include:
- Anger Management
- Body Image
- Eating disorders
- Grief & Loss
- Relationship Enhancement
- Stress Management
- Study Skills
- Substance Abuse
- Suicide Prevention
- Test Anxiety
- Time Management